Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Picasso

I wasn't willing to join the 100's of people in line yesterday waiting to buy tickets for the Picasso museum. So, today I arrived shortly after it opened at 9am. Thankfully there wasn't a line and the museum was relatively quiet. I had been to Barcelona for a couple of days 25 years ago and remembered that I really liked the Picasso museum back then. 

I wasn't disappointed today either. It is a fabulous collection primarily of his early work. By the age of 15 he already had shown his work in galleries. His self portraits and those of his father and friends are remarkable. He was still painting in a classical style then. The museum has several series of different subject matter. I found it very interesting to see anywhere from 5-13 paintings of the same scene with different nuances. 

I snapped a couple of photos before being scolded and told no cameras allowed. I hadn't seen the sign, my bad... The museum is in a building that curls around a cloister -like courtyard in the center. I have always enjoyed going to smaller museums that just house a single artist. I don't feel as overwhelmed as in a huge museum like the Louvre. 









No comments:

Post a Comment