Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Cathedral of Light

The cathedral in Leon is known for its stain glass windows, much like Chartres Cathedral in France. There are 3 stories of stained glass and several rose windows. This amazing cathedral was built in only 50 years by a city of 5000 people. I'm sure it was funded by the Catholic Church, but regardless, that was quite a feat. The windows were lovely to look at when I was in there around noon, but the light was supposed to be the best either early in the morning or late afternoon. I tried to get back in during the afternoon but I didn't want to pay 5 euros  again and the guard wouldn't let me in with my ticket from earlier.






1 comment:

  1. I love love love love LOVE all of the stained glass!! Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete