Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Sunday, October 18, 2015

The End of the World

Today we took a bus tour out to the coast. The Camino continues with legs to Finisterre ( the end of the land) and Muxia. I didn't feel the desire to walk another 90-120km, but I did want to go out to those towns. 

We went to Muxia first. It was so lovely there with huge slabs of rocks going out to the sea. I love the ocean, so it felt wonderful to be near it again after 2 months of being inland. Everyone was scrambling around taking photos and enjoying the scenery. Most of the other passengers were pilgrims and it felt like a good emotional close to our long journeys.

Next we drove to Finisterre which had a different feel with jagged cliffs and a lighthouse. A few pilgrims that had walked out there had tears in their eyes as they reached their final destination. 







No comments:

Post a Comment