Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Friday, October 7, 2016

Upgraded

Uzan to Argagnon 
22km

With some help from Gretchen, I figured out that the problem with posting on my blog was due to the fact that I hadn't installed the latest upgrade to my phone. I stayed late at the gite to download it and in the next town that had a cafe with wifi I was able to post my blogs . 

But I don't like all the changes that it made on my phone and it keeps deleting my current blog. Technology problems make me go crazy! But at least I should be able to blog when I have wifi, which I don't tonight. Once I get to Spain the wifi access should improve. 

Patricia and I only saw one other pilgrim today, probably because a bunch of others went a couple of km farther yesterday and we got a late start due to my technical issues . 

There were a lot more cornfields again and a long stretch through a town. Before the town there was a trail through a dark wooded section with signs warning about vipers. That made Patricia a little jumpy and she was glad to get safely through that bit.

After a picnic lunch by the church in Arthez de Bearn with a sweeping view out over the valley, we continued walking out of town, past a pilgrim rest stop where our friend Maria was relaxing in the shade.

The Chemin crossed a grassy green plateau with the sky overhead bright blue and filled with puffy white clouds. Two fawns leapt across the path ahead of us and I almost expected to hear Disney music playing in the background . 

Tonight we are at a gite out in the woods away from town. It is a darling rustic place and we are sharing a room but a couple of other people are staying in Basque sheep trailers that look really cute.











No comments:

Post a Comment