Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Relaxing in the Trees

Sauboires to Lannes-Soubiran
22km

The owners of the Gite last night were from Paris and had only bought the Gite two years before. They fixed a delicious dinner of grated carrot salad, tomatoes farci (roasted tomatoes stuffed with a tasty pork and rice combo) and saffron rice. For dessert a fig and plum tarte, but she gave me a brownie instead when I said that I had a fig allergy and to finish it off armangnac liquor. 

The trail was still a little muddy today but no more rain. We passed by a sign saying that it was the Grenwich Meridian out in the middle of the vineyards. You never know what you are going to see next.

The main town that we went through was Nogaro. It had a pretty sycamore tree lined street leading into it and the church bells were pealing after the end of mass as we made it to the center of town. We popped into a bakery right ahead of the church crowd and then sat at a cafe for a coffee. We had a picnic lunch by the church before walking the last 8 km to the Gite Le Presbytere for the night.

The owner strung up a couple of hammocks between the aspen trees where I am currently relaxing before dinner. A nice mellow day.

















No comments:

Post a Comment