Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Thursday, October 6, 2016

More Cornfields

Aire sur l'Adour to Pimbo
28 km

Kansas and Iowa aren't the only big corn growers. I have been walking for days, weeks through cornfields. There was quite a bit of harvesting the dry corn for feed going on with big tractors cruising around the fields. I'm having an allergy attack from all the dust and debris kicked up. The first 18km today was straight roads by the cornfields except for the first couple which went around a lake. Finding a semi private spot to relieve oneself was a bit if a challenge, especially as there were about 20-25 pilgrims out on the trail around the same time. I've become rather speedy and efficient in new ways.

Thankfully it wasn't as hot as I thought it would be, though the last part was a steep uphill climb and I arrived drenched in sweat. Our communal gite is rather bleak after the gorgeous spot last night, but I'm fine having a variety of experiences. Tonight is super cheap- only 18 euros for a bed, dinner and breakfast. You might get what you pay for, we will see after dinner.









No comments:

Post a Comment