Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Pyrénées in Sight

with just about 50 km left to St Jean Pied de Port, I am feeling excited about finishing this stretch of the Camino and beginning the next. Some of the people that I've met are planning on going to Santiago, but a lot are ending their journey there. I will miss some friends like Patricia but I am looking forward to meeting new folks who are only doing the Camino Frances route in Spain.

Many of the gites in St Jean close on October 15th which  tells me that the season is winding down. Hopefully that will mean that there won't be crowds of people along the Camino like I heard there was earlier in September. I have been enjoying the views of the jagged peaks of the Pyrénées which come into the forefront every now and then. Each day closer and closer. They look rather imposing but I am excited to hike over them to Roncesvalles where I started my Camino last time. 








No comments:

Post a Comment