Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Friday, October 7, 2016

Banjos

Argagnon to Navarrenx
25km

Nicholas, our Gite owner last night, was one of the most delightful people I have met over here. His face lit up with a beautiful smile when he greeted us and every time he interacted with us. He asked us for our pilgrim credentials before dinner and took them to another room. After dinner he returned with them complete with hand drawn images by his wife of the scallop shell and banjo.

He returned with his banjo and expertly played a variety of songs for us. It was a fabulous treat to hear such wonderful music played passionately by a talented musician. Nicholas also told is a little bit about Bearn, the region we are in before we get to the Basque area. They have their own language and were annexed to France in the 1700's I think. I will have to look up more about them when I return.









No comments:

Post a Comment