Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Not So Holy Toledo

Toledo is filled with fabulous cathedrals and churches and monasteries and the art of El Greco and Goya and other great artists is everywhere. I know I only saw a portion of what was there. But in addition to that, there is a very lively trade in swords, Lladro figurines, marzipan treats, inlaid silver and gold jewelry and more. Lots and lots of touristy shops. I even found displays featuring the Lord of the Rings. I don't think Toledo had anything to do with that, but they make a lot of cool swords and the folks in Middle Earth liked swords too. I also was amused by a display for marzipan sweets made by nuns, demonstrated by some dolls.

And for the more adventurous, there is now a zip line over the river. I didn't have time to do that unfortunately! Actually, I did enough zip lines in Costa Rica to last me a lifetime. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment