Buen Camino

This blog will be about my thoughts, impressions and experiences along the Camino de Santiago in Spain and my travels following my time there. I am delighted and honored to have you journey along with me during this pilgrimage.

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Back in the Bay Area

I'm back in the Bay Area!  As much as I love to travel and have adventures, it is always good to come back home. This time there is a bit of a twist,  because I am renting out my condo for at least nine months so that I can have an income while I am unemployed. For the next bit I will be staying at my brother's in Livermore and in my neighbors guest room. So, not technically home, but as close as I will get for awhile. 

My re-entry has been fairly quiet to this point. Tomorrow I will go to church and see lots of friends, but so far it's just been my brother's family and my neighbor. I have been on several walks around my beloved Marina and have had a big Peets coffee. Hopefully I didn't overdo it with the caffeine. I slept great the past two nights- don't want to jinx that! I'm still mostly unplugged; no TV or newspapers or anything yet. 

Today I went to a gathering for people who did the Camino this year and for those who wanted to hear from them. I was hoping that some of the people from the Bay Area that I met along the way would be there, but unfortunately they didn't make it. My friend Ben who walked it last year attended and greeted my with a huge hug. I knew that he had been following along with my blog and reliving it to a certain extant with me.  It was fun and interesting to hear from others about their experiences. Quite a few of them plan to go again, maybe on a different route (there are a bunch of other ones besides the Camino Francaise). Part of me really misses being on the Camino too. I loved knowing that everyday I was going to meet new people, see new places and have the experience of walking. Maybe I will try to see if I can incorporate those things into my life here as well. 

I also enjoyed writing/ blogging every day. I think I will try to keep that up for the time being. I won't be in a foreign country, but I might be able to see life here through a new lens. I'm sure the lessons from the Camino will still be unfolding for me. There was a lot of movement and stimulus on the Camino. Perhaps this will be more of a time to Be Still. And Pay Attention. And Let Go. 




No comments:

Post a Comment